Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Trendy Treehouse- Vacations

ShutterLoveTuesdays

This week's theme is Vacations. We only took one vacation this summer, and that was our annual family beach trip. This is the first time I've been on vacation since I became interested in photography, and with an adorable little baby and a suitcase full of sweet dresses, I was excited to say the least.

One early evening, I took Mads out on the beach by myself. I am always nervous when I take her by myself to take pics- I feel like it's much easier when I have someone to help. But honestly, for whatever reason, I've found that I often get some of my best shots when it's just the two of us. She wasn't super cooperative that night, but I still got a few good captures- this one being my favorite from the whole week.

Beach070

Head on over to Trendy Treehouse to see other great entries celebrating vacations!

7 comments:

  1. This shot is GORGEOUS! I swear girl, I really do love your photographs. The processing is perfect. How was that birthday party? I hope you'll be sharing some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet :) i love your processing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your picture looks like a painting! way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I totally agree with the painting comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible!!!!

    I happened across you via Trendy Treehouse, feel free to stop by:
    janetdillonrobinson.blogspot.com

    Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this photo. It looks so much like a painting. What actions did you use on it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone! I edited this a while ago, so I'm not exactly sure I can remember all of the steps I took. But I know I used CoffeeShop's Butterscotch Vintage, and then masked out the sky b/c it was such a gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete